2052
I will be dead, incinerated, and put away in a black ceramic jar full of memories and words and sounds.The memory of me will not die, I will continue to chatter away the way I do today, perhaps in more profound ways. My grandchildren will remember me as the over-energetic grandma that never stops talking...mind you its talking and not nagging. I don't nag.
My husband would have re-married another fabulous woman and continue to live on, not hating me though. I would've moved on to the higher grounds that I have always wanted to achieve. Living the life of simplicity and complete devotion to the studies of religion and philosophy.
My children, will not be tolling away with mindless work but mindful work which they love. The world will continue to be plagued with pains and foes and many forms. By 2052, our lives will be more complicated than today, yet the origins of our complication will remain the same. We are selfish human beings that shy away from pain and seeks pleasure to avoid those inevitable sufferings.
By 2052, nations will not exist, instead multinational empires will. By 2052, we will be enslaved by knowledge and expertise, technology and science, and by then, we will forget the essence of life. We will no longer argue over the independence of Taiwan but the independence and freedom of human mind. We no longer render want to render ourselves under the real of corporatism and the capitalistic monstrosity. Nonetheless, our desires and needs are the true jail guards of our minds. A call for action from one's will power would break the magic spell. Yet we are trapped.
I will be trapped in a computerized, programmed black ceramic jar with a big label of my name and ID number on it. Please just smash it and pour it inot he ocean, if it still exists by then.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home