~~Xiao mai and Aiko,my lovely cats~~A problem with feeling unsettled and antsy is that you always need to move. Xiao mai and Aiko, my beloved kittens(soon to be cats) have fallen victim of this process. I first found them in the streets on my first ever pay day with my last job (onto another story in of itself). Xiao mai, the male cat ginger striped, partly siamese cat, was about 6 weeks old when I found him. Tenacious and resilient, he was hiding under a scooter when I found him. A women was staring at him and he was staring right back at her. I carried him into a paperbox and he started meowing like crazy. Soon enough, 3 other kittens came out of nowhere and started running around the alley where I found Xiao mai. I couldn't possibly take them all, so I started finding potential owners from the passerbys. Eventually, I was able to give away 2 other kittens (a gray taby and a black one.) I brought Xiao Mai the ginger kitten and Aiko the gray taby kitten home with me. I can go on and on about them, but one thing that struck me was their consistent resilience--at the vet, they would *bark*, and I mean *bark* at dogs 10 times their size or greater.
So I digressed, just a bit =P, about how I found them. Now, how did I end up missing them?
About two months into their life in Taipei,I flew them to the U.S. just to PREVENT me from missing them. Well, the technicalities involved was that the cats had to leave the house if I leave the house. I had to fly, so they had to fly across the Pacific ocean. Unfortunately, that was the deal.
Then antsy me could not stay in the US long enough for the cats to settle in. Or, maybe they have settled, but I ended up being more disoriented. The long and short of it is, I moved back, they stayed on. They're currently Permanent Residents of the United States. It turns out that it's a lot easier to be a PR cat than a PR human being. Although cats can never vote, but I guess they won't really bother anyways. As long as they have their warm vibrating fridge, loyal petter, ok tasting cat food, and tap water straight from the faucet, they're all set.Ok, the point is, they are a lot more easily content than me, for the most part.
Wow, I didn't know that this is so addictive. Talking about my cats is a lot easier than talking about msyelf. Currently, they are living with my ex-roommate in the US, and I am back here in Taipei constantly thinking about them. I wonder if they would remember me when I see them again. I wonder if they have been wondering where has *mom* (that's me) been. I also wondered if months ago, when I found them, they were actually waiting for their biological mother to come back with some food. These are questions which will remain unanswered until the day I figure out cat speak. Even then, I don't know if we would be able to communicate, or if they would chose to communicate with me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home