Monday, April 24

quotes from people i find interesting



To fall in love is to create a religion that has a fallible god.
-Jorge Luis Borges

Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone.
-Jorge Luis Borges

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
-Jorge Luis Borges

Life itself is a quotation.
-Jorge Luis Borges

I don't really know where I got my artist idea - I only know that by that time it was definitely settled in my mind.
-Georgia O'Keefe

I had to create an equivalent for what I felt about what I was looking at - not copy it.
-Georgia O'Keefe

To create one's world in any of the arts takes courage.
-Georgia O'Keefe

Hire people who are better than you are, then leave them to get on with it. Look for people who will aim for the remarkable, who will not settle for the routine.
-David Ogilvy

You have only 30 seconds in a TV commercial. If you grab attention in the first frame with a visual surprise, you stand a better chance of holding the viewer. People screen out a lot of commercials because they open with something dull... When you advertise fire-extinguishers, open with the fire.
-David Ogilvy

Advertising is a business of words, but advertising agencies are infested with men and women who cannot write. They cannot write advertisements, and they cannot write plans. They are helpless as deaf mutes on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera.
-David Ogilvy

And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
-Sylvia Plath

If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
-Sylvia Plath

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again.
-Sylvia Plath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home